Opening hours and fees
- Tuesdays to Sundays: 10.00 - 17.00
- Until 7 May 2015 also open on Thursday nights: 17.00 - 21.00
- During all school holidays also open on Mondays: 10.00 - 17.00
- The museum will be open on: Easter, 5 May, Ascension Day, Whitsun, Boxing Day (26 December) and 31 December
- Closed on: 27 April, 11 May until mid-December 2015 (due to refurbishment) and 25 December
As of 16 March 2015, the Greek department will be closed to the public until mid-December 2015 because of renovation of the rooms.
Until 7 May 2015 the museum is also open on Thursday nights: 17.00 - 21.00
For the duration of the exhibition Carthage (27 November 2014 until 10 May 2015), there is an additional charge of € 2.50 on admission for visitors over 18.
- Adults: € 9,50 (additional charge € 2.50)
- Children untill 5 years: free
- Children 5 to 17 years: € 3
- Budget ticket: € 27 (2 adults + 2 children 5-17 years¹)
- Dutch 'Museum card': free (additional charge € 2.50)
- ICOM card holders, Rembrandt card holders, RoMeO-members: free
- CJP card holders: € 1 discount p.p.
- Seniors (65 and older): € 7,50² (additional charge € 2.50)
¹ € 3 per extra child
² discount only with identification
You can pay at the cash desk with various bank and credit cards (VISA and Mastercard). We do not accept American Express credit cards.
Guided tours and group visits
- Guided tours: € 75 per hour (on Sundays € 90 per hour)
(max. 25 persons, reservation required: please call (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163)
- Group visit: from 18 years € 2 discount p.p.
(min. 10 persons, reservation required: please call (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163)
At the museum's reception desk, you can take a free highlights route (or download the English version below). This will show you all the highlights from the entire collection. You get brief information about each object. The route is available English, German, Spanish, French and Italian.
Wifi in the museum
Free wifi is available in the museum building.
Wheelchairs and partially sighted persons
- At the reception desk, you can request a wheelchair. For the use of it, we ask a € 2 deposit. When returning the chair you get this refunded. For all wheelchairs a companion is necessary.
- Wheelchair users: in front of the museum building, at the Rapenburg, there is one parking place for visitors holding an official parking license for the disabled. In the museum you can use an elevator.
- Partially sighted persons are allowed to take their guide-dogs. The museum's staff are always willing to help you find your way. For more information please call (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163 or send an e-mail.
Visitor conditions National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden, filed with the Chamber of Commerce for The Hague.
Highlights route adults
Highlights route adults: 'Masterpieces'
Highlights route families
Highlights route families: 'Masterpieces'