Opening hours and fees
- Tuesdays to Sundays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- During all school holidays also open on Mondays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The museum will be open on: Kingsday, Easter, 5 May, Ascension Day, Whitsun, Boxing Day (26 December) and 31 December
- Closed on: 1 January, 3 October, 25 December
Exhibition charge 'Petra. Wonder in the Desert' €2.50
For the duration of the exhibition Petra. Wonder in the Desert (9 October 2013 until 23 March 2014), there is an additional charge of €2.50 on admission for visitors over 18. This is only charged once, so save your ticket for future visits to the exhibition.
- Adults: €9,50 (excl. additional charge)
- Children untill 5 years: free
- Children 5 to 17 years: €3
- Budget ticket: €22 (2 adults + 2 children 5-17 years¹, excl. additional charge)
- Dutch 'Museum card': free (excl. additional charge)
- ICOM card holders, Rembrandt card holders, RoMeO-members: free (incl. additional charge)
- CJP card holders: €1 discount p.p.
- Seniors (65 and older): €7,50²
¹€3 per extra child
²discount only with identification
You can pay at the cash desk with various bank and credit cards (VISA and Mastercard). We do not accept American Express credit cards.
Guided tours and group visits
- Guided tours: €75 per hour (on Sundays €90 per hour)
(max. 25 persons, reservation required: please call (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163)
- Group visit: from 18 years €2 discount p.p.
(min. 10 persons, reservation required: please call (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163)
At the museum's reception desk, you can take a 'highlights route'. This will show you all the highlights from the entire collection. You get brief information about each object. The highlights route is available English, German, Spanish, French and Italian.
Wifi in the museum
Free wifi is available in the museumbuilding.
Wheelchairs and partially sighted persons
Wheelchair users can reserve a wheelchair by calling telephone number (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163. In front of the museum building, at the Rapenburg, there is one parking place for visitors holding an official parking license for the disabled. In the museum you can use an elevator.
Partially sighted persons are allowed to take their guide-dogs. The museum's staff are always willing to help you find your way. For more information please call (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163 or send an e-mail.
Visitor conditions National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden, filed with the Chamber of Commerce for The Hague.