Opening hours, admission and directions
Book your tickets for your museum visit online or at the desk.
- Adults: € 12,50 (From 1 July 2022: € 14)
- Dutch Museum Card: free
- VriendenLoterij VIP Card holders, ICOM Card holders, members Rembrandt Society, RoMeO-members: free
- Children under 5 years of age: free
- Children aged 5 to 17: € 4 (from 1 July 2022: up to 18 years free)
- Family discount ticket: € 25 (2 adults + max. 3 children aged 5-17 ¹)
- CJP card holders 18+: € 6
- CJP card holders under 18: € 3
¹ € 4 for each additional child
You can pay at the desk with various bank and credit cards (VISA, Mastercard) and in cash. NB We do not accept American Express credit cards.
- Open: Tuesdays to Sundays | 10:00 – 17:00
- Also open on Mondays during school holidays
- Always open on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, 5 May, Ascension Day, Whitsun, Boxing Day (26 December) and 31 December (until 16:00)
- It will be always closed on the following days: 1 January, 27 April, 3 October and 25 December
Highlights Audio Guide
Take advantage of the free Highlights Audio Guide and explore the 24 most magnificent pieces in our collection: from the Egyptian temple to the statue of Roman emperor Trajan. Available free of charge from the desk.
Tour for children
A tour for children from 7 years is available at the reception desk (on paper, € 2,95). It will be their guide for travelling through time and space.
A look inside the Greek halls of the museum
Location and travel directions
- Location: Rapenburg 28, 2311 EW Leiden
- Postal address: P.O. Box 11114, 2301 EC Leiden
- Museum library: Papengracht 30, 2311 TX Leiden
- Service and information: tel: (+31) (0)71 – 516 3163, e-mail:
Finding your way around the museum
You can use GPS with Indoor Google Maps on your smartphone to find your way around the museum. This means first ensuring that you have installed the Google Maps app on your phone. Navigation will then work automatically. There is free Wi-Fi in the museum.
- For visitors who do not have a smartphone: all visitors are offered a free museum map with their admission ticket.
Parking the car
Getting to the museum on foot from Leiden Central Station
The National Museum of Antiquities is in Leidens historic centre, just a 10 minutes’ walk from Leiden Centraal railway station.
- Plan your railway journey on the Dutch Railways website.
Getting to the museum by bus from Leiden Central Station
You can take any of the following buses: 2, 4, 45, 169, 182, 187, or 400. They all depart from Leiden Central railway station. Get out at Breestraat. It is a very short bus trip, only about five minutes.
The best parking option for coaches is Haagweg car park. Please be aware that coaches are not allowed to drive through the city en route elsewhere, and it is not permissible to park a coach for any length of time in Leiden city centre.
A look inside the Egyptian halls of the museum
In the museum
Wi-Fi in the museum
Free Wi-Fi is available inside the museum.
Taking photographs in the museum
Visitors are allowed to take photographs in the museum. NB no use of flash photography or tripods.
You can only take small handbags into the museum building. Backpacks are not allowed. Lockers are available in the cloakroom.
Wheelchair users and the visually impaired
- You can request a wheelchair at the reception desk. Users are asked to make a refundable deposit of € 2. Anyone navigating the museum with a wheelchair must be accompanied by someone to assist them.
- Visitors with a disability: there is one parking space for the disabled in front of the museum on Rapenburg. Anyone using this space must be in possession of an official parking permit for the disabled. All floors of the museum are connected by lifts.
- Visually-impaired visitors can bring their guide dogs. Members of staff will always be happy to help you find your way around. For more information, please call (+31) (0)71 – 516 3163 or send an e-mail to .