Primary school pupils
Free of charge
What can you expect?
In the museum lesson Myth Hunters, which focuses on the permanent exhibition on Ancient Greece, pupils will learn about the gods and stories of Greek mythology. The exciting story of the Minotaur of Crete will take pupils on an adventurous journey to discover the ways in which animal figures were used in ancient Greece. The phenomenally strong Heracles and his twelve famous labours will also feature on the menu. Pupils will be challenged to think up a thirteenth labour for this demigod. They will be encouraged to give good reasons for their choices and to present them creatively. Looking carefully, thinking critically, and practical tasks will be the central features of this encounter with the world of Greek myths.
- introducing primary school pupils to a number of gods and stories from Greek mythology;
- encouraging them to examine and explore the museum collection attentively and creatively;
- looking together and/or individually, consulting together and making choices;
- learning how to think logically and present arguments for their choices.
Book a group lesson
- You can book the museum lesson Myth Hunters in one of four time slots: 9:00 – 10:15 / 11:00 – 12:15 / 13:00 – 14:15 / 15:00 – 16:15.
- Please call our service desk to book a museum lesson: 071–516 3163
- Or book online for 0-15 pupils or for 16-30 pupils (in Dutch).
Preparing the class for your visit
- Discuss the purpose of the museum visit.
- Divide the class into two groups.
- Each group should be accompanied by at least three adults; more adults are welcome (no charge). The adults accompanying the children will have an active support role in the museum; explain this to them.
- For more information, send a mail to
Preparing for the workshop
- Divide the students into twos, with one group of three if necessary
- Discuss with the class:
-What are we going to do?
-Why are we going to do it? (showing its significance)
-What we want to achieve? (teacher(s) and students)
Come to the museum for a trial visit, free of charge!
Do you want to have a look at the National Museum of Antiquities before deciding whether it is a suitable place to take your class? No problem! Fill in the coupon below entitling you to admission free of charge and hand it in at the desk in the museum: you will receive a free admission ticket. (The coupon is valid until 31 August 2021.)
Sign up for our newsletter
Stay informed and sign up for our email newsletter: