Requesting items on loan: applications procedure
The National Museum of Antiquities is the keeper of a large collection of archaeological objects and is responsible for its preservation and conservation. The museum gladly consider a loan of registered objects for your exhibition or permanent display. Please take the following points into account when preparing your loan application.
- NB Read more about specifics and procedures of research loans.
Information to be included
Make sure that you provide the following information:
- Name and address of the borrowing institution
- The name, position and contact details of the person handling the application
- The reason for the application (exhibition, long-term loan)
- The name of the exhibition
- Description of the exhibition
- The exhibition period
- List of requested objects with inventory numbers
- A recent facility report of the borrowing institution including information about display cases
If no facility report is available, or certain points of information are missing, the following should be included:
- The location where requested objects will be displayed (map and photographs)
- Detailed information on the display case(s)
- Detailed information on the way in which the object(s) is/are to be displayed
- Security measures (burglary, fire etc.)
- Recent climate data of the exhibition room
Six months prior to the start of the loan date
Your written request for a loan must be submitted to the director Wim Weijland (+31 (0)71 – 516 3106, or send a message) as far in advance as possible, but at least six months prior to the start of the loan date. Extensive loan applications should preferably be submitted earlier.
After your application has been received
The museum does intend to inform you within four months after receiving your application, whether or not the loan can be granted. If your request is approved, you will be notified about the requirements that may apply to the loan regarding transport, courier arrangements, security, climate conditions, and handling.
For more information or questions about loan applications, please contact Nikè Haverkamp, Registrar and Collection Manager.
- Phone: (+31) (0)71 – 516 3115
- Send a message