Discount on admission for group visits (without a guide)
Groups that visit the permanent collections or temporary exhibitions without a guide qualify for a special admission price. A discount is available for groups of 10 or more adults (not including Museumkaart holders).
This discount cannot be used in combination with other discounts. To qualify for the discount, you must make a reservation. If your group would like to use the services of a guide, you can book a guided tour. See below for more information.
Please notify us of your visit
* If you wish to bring a group of children aged 5-17 to the museum, we strongly urge you to notify us in advance by contacting the Service Desk (+31 (0)71 - 5163 163, e-mail: stuur een e-mail) or by reserving online (pages in Dutch).
Note: school groups use a separate reservation system
Booking a tour with an expert guide is worth it for groups. You receive even more information about antiquity, top pieces and the museum's collection during a tour. And you may hear special anecdotes.
You can book a tour for the permanent presentations and temporary exhibitions:
- Egyptians (closed until Novemver 2016)
- Near East
- Roman era in the Netherlands
- Temporary exhibitions
The museum has guides who can give tours in Dutch, English, French or German. A tour takes an hour; the maximum group size is 25. As a group you can also visit the museum with your own guide.
- Prices for tours with museum guides: €75 per hour, on Sundays €90 per hour (not including museum admission, maximum of 25 people).
At the museum's reception desk, you can take a 'highlights route'. This will show you all the highlights from the entire collection. You get brief information about each object. The highlights route is available English, German, Spanish, French and Italian.
To make reservations or to receive additional information, you can contact:
- Service desk, phone: (+31) (0)71 - 5163 163, or e-mail: stuur een e-mail.