Walking from Leiden’s Central Station
- Exit the station on the city centre side
- Cross Stationsplein, the square in front of the station
- Go straight ahead, entering Stationsweg.
- After about 200 metres, cross the bridge and continue straight ahead. Stationsweg becomes Steenstraat.
- After another 300 metres, take a left over the bridge.
- After crossing the bridge, take an immediate right into Prinsessekade. After 50 metres, the name changes to Kort Rapenburg.
- After about 150 metres, you reach an intersection with Breestraat (on the left) and Noordeinde (on the right). Go straight ahead, crossing the street and entering the Rapenburg.
- After about 200 metres, the National Museum of Antiquities will be on your left (Rapenburg 28, postcode 2311 EW, Dutch name: Rijksmuseum van Oudheden).
< Click on the photograph for an enlarged version