Drs. Wim Weijland
tel: +31 (0)71 5163 105
e-mail: stuur een e-mail
Wim Weijland (b. 1966) has served as managing director of the National Museum of Antiquities since 2006. He studied art history at the Free University, Amsterdam, and worked during his student years for TV producers such as IDTV. From 2000 to 2006 he was the Head of Art & Culture at the AVRO broadcasting company. From the moment he switched from the media to the museum world he also became an active administrator.
Weijland has always enjoyed trying to strike a balance between management – including financial management – and administration on the one hand, and creative, substantive and conceptual thinking on the other. At the National Museum of Antiquities he works alongside two colleagues in the management team (Guus Waals and Pieter ter Keurs), besides which several departments come under his direct responsibility: Education, PR, Communication & Marketing, Exhibition Project Leaders, and P&O.
- Member of the advisory board of the Friends of Saqqara foundation
- Vice-chair, Rembrandt Association
- Board member, VSB Donor-Advised Fund
- Member of the Supervisory Board, VSB donation fund
- Jury member, PBCF BankGiro Lottery Museum Award
- Member of the Supervisory Board, Museum Youth University